Butta is a popular monsoon street food.
- 1 Corn
- 1 Lime / Lemon Wedge
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (Adjust to your taste)
- ½ teaspoon Butter (optional)
- Remove the husk and silky strings from the corn until you can see corn kernels. Wash it well and dab with a cloth to dry
- Directly place the corn on the BBQ or over a medium flame on the stove. You can use a heatproof wire rack to place your corn over the heat.
- Keep turning it every 5-10 seconds until all the corn kernels have a slightly burnt look. You can roast it even more if you like the charcoal-like burnt flavor. Remove it on a serving plate
- Mix salt and chili powder. Take a lemon wedge, rub it in the chili salt mixture
- While the corn is still hot, rub some butter all over (optional) and squeeze the lemon all over it.
- Serve while still hot along with the spiced lemon.
Photos byAarti Monteiro