- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 -2 green chili
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small potato chopped into small cubes
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- Heat the oil.
- Add the cumin and mustard seeds and fry for 1 minute till they sputter.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilies and onions.
- Cook till the onions are transparent, 4-5 minutes
- Add the cabbage, potato, and tomato and mix well
- Add salt and turmeric powder.
- Cover and cook on medium-low for 10 minutes. Cook longer if you do not like it crunchy.
- Add chopped cilantro.
- Serve with Indian bread